At Web Sheriff we’re committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This policy sets out – in plain English – the basis upon which any personal data we collect from you (or that you provide to us) shall be processed by us. As such, we’d kindly ask you to read the following carefully in order to fully understand our procedures and practices regarding your personal data and, again, how it’s treated.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (England & Wales) and all the corresponding legislation and regulations internationally, the ‘Data Controller’ is Web Sheriff Ltd, a company registered in England & Wales under number 4093131 and whose United Kingdom offices are situated at ‘Argentum’, Queen Caroline Street, London W6 9DX.
2. INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you :-
• If you contact us, we will keep a record of the information that you provide to us.
• Details of your visits to our website and the resources that you access (strictly as applicable).
3. USES MADE OF SUCH INFORMATION
We process information held about you in the following ways :-
• To carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us ;
• To ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer ;
• To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes (again strictly as applicable) ;
• To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, again only when you choose to do so ; and
• To notify you about changes to our service.
4. IP ADDRESSES
We may collect information about your computer, including – strictly where freely available – your IP address, operating system and browser type, again purely for system administration. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns and, for the avoidance of doubt, does not identify any individual.
6. WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Although the transmission of information via the internet is never completely secure, we shall nevertheless do our utmost to protect your personal data – albeit that we can’t categorically guarantee the security of data transmitted to our site and all transmissions via the internet are ultimately at the sender’s own risk. Once we have received your information, however, we will impose and implement strict procedures and security features in order to minimize any risk of unauthorized access.
7. LINKING SITES
Our site may, from-time-to-time, contain links to and from the web-sites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates (again strictly as applicable). As such, this is a reminder that, if you decide to follow a link to any of these web-sites, each will have their own privacy policies and, clearly, we cannot accept any responsibility or liability for these policies on third party web-sites. We’d strongly recommend, therefore, that you check these sites’ policies to ensure that you are happy with them before you submit any personal data to such web-sites.
8. YOUR RIGHTS & ACCESS TO INFORMATION
The Data Protection Act 1998 (England & Wales) expressly provides you with the right to access information held about you. Should we hold personal information, you are of course welcome to exercise your right of access in accordance with the Data Protection Act. Any access request may be subject to a modest and discretionary fee (of £10) to contribute towards our costs of providing you with details of the information we hold about you, although we generally prefer to furnish you with such information free-of-charge.